Please read the following information carefully. This privacy notice contains information about what data we collect and store about you and why. It also tells you who we share this information with, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data and how to contact us if you have a complaint.
AVS Steps Limited collects, uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When we do this we are the ‘controller’ of this information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws.
Our Data Protection Contact is:
David Williams, Group IT Director
- Sixth Avenue, Zone 2, Deeside Industrial Park, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 2LB, United Kingdom
- You can contact him via firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do with your information?
Information collected by us
When carrying out activities relating to the standard course business we collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Identifiable data
- Your name
- Contact details
- Your telephone/fax numbers
- Your email addresses
- Location data
- Your address
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To appropriately communicate with you in a capacity relating to the standard course of business and to effectively and efficiently process your queries, quotations and/or orders.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We have relationships with a small number of third parties that we routinely share the personal data listed above with.
This data sharing enables us to communicate more effectively with you and process/complete orders that you place with us as accurately and efficiently as possible. We will not share your personal information with any additional third parties that do not help with these purposes without your consent.
We will share personal information with law enforcement agencies if required by applicable law.
Transfer of your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not transfer your personal information outside the EEA or to an international organisation under any circumstances.
How long will we store your personal data?
We will only store your personal data for as long as required. If we no longer require your personal data for any reason (e.g. either party opts to close your account with us) then we will take the appropriate steps to delete your personal data from our records.
We are relying on your consent when processing your data. You provide this consent when you place an order or open an account with us.
You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, but this will not effect the lawfulness of any processing activity we have carried out prior to you withdrawing your consent. You can opt-out by contacting us via email@example.com.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights that you can exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
- Transparency over how we use your personal data and fair processing of your information;
- Access to your personal information and other supplementary information;
- Require us to correct any mistakes or complete missing information we hold on you;
- Require us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information be sent to a third party, this will be provided to you or the third party in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- Object at any time to processing of your personal information for direct marketing;
- Object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Request not to be subject to automated decision making which produce legal effects that concern you or affect you in a significantly similar way;
If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioners Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide further information so that we can identify you. We may need to contact you to request further information to verify your identity;
- Let us have proof of your identity and address;
- State the right or rights that you wish to exercise;
We will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request. Please note if you wish to unsubscribe from any email communications you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe button in the footer of any email.
How to make a complaint?
We hope that you are happy with our service and that we our Data Protection Contact will be happy to help resolve any issues or complaints that arise. Please get in touch if you have any concerns (see ‘Get in touch’ below).
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complain with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority if the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
All personal data processed will be stored appropriately to ensure the utmost securely of your information.
We do not intend to process your personal information for any reason other than stated within this privacy notice. If this changes, we will inform you by email.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy was published on [insert date] and last updated on [insert date].
We constantly review our internal privacy practices and may change this policy from time to time.
This website is hosted by The Studio 4 Creative Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, company number 6585985.
The Studio 4 Creative limited take specific steps as required by applicable data protection laws to ensure that appropriate security measures are put in place, to protect your personal information from unlawful and unauthorised processing and accidental data breaches or destruction.
All website or online hosting accounts are backed up on a regular basis to ensure any chance of data loss is kept to a minimum. These backups are stored on a separate remote server and kept for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Servers are fully managed and monitored 24/7 to ensure maximum uptime and offer a minimum 99.99% uptime (excluding planned maintenance as required)
The Studio 4 Creative limited will retain client’s information for as long as necessary to comply with the active agreement between the buyer and seller. Once the agreement has ended, data will be held for up to 3 years, unless requested to be removed from the database.
The Studio 4 Creative limited do not store credit card information on their servers. All payments are processed by a nominated third party payment processor agreed with the client prior to implementation.
The website includes cookies as standard so that information such as website visits can be monitored and provided to the client on request. Cookies can be removed if requested and it is deemed necessary to do so.
The Studio 4 Creative limited do not share personal information with companies outside of The Studio 4 Creative Ltd other than those who have a part in the running of the client’s business activities. These companies use the information provided solely for this purpose and at no time will the information be used for commercial gain.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you, please contact us via email@example.com.
If it would be helpful to have this notice provided in another format (for example: in another language, audio, braille) please contact us (see ‘Get in touch’ above).